I love soup all year round – not only in the fall and winter. My obsession with soup is due to my mom who has always cooked delicious soups. Every Sunday, she would make a big batch and serve it as an appetizer all week.
Here is my all-time favorite:
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups of diced carrots
- 2 tbs of butter
- Few branches of fresh thyme
- +/- 5 cups of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of rice
- Some cooking cream or sour cream (not necessary)
- Saute the onions, carrots, thyme in a large pot for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and the broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup using a stick hand blender (my mom would tell you a regular blender does a much better job).
- When serving, add a spoon full of cream or sour cream.