My dad has cooked this dish for as long as I can remember, and my brother and I would always fight for the leftovers. This may be one of the easiest and quickest recipes for an appetizer or a side-dish. And warm goat cheese is a great start to any meal!
Burnt Salad (for two)The real name of this dish is probably something like "Warm goat cheese on roasted radicchio". However, W., who really enjoys it, renamed it to the much more intriguing name: “Burnt Salad”.
- 1 large radicchio
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 4 oz. of goat cheese (or more)
- Preheat the oven at 415 F.
- Cut the core of the radicchio out and spread the leaves on a previously oiled baking sheet (have the leaves overlap so you can’t see the pan).
- Sprinkle the sugar and a little bit of oil evenly over the radicchio.
- In small, uneven chunks, put goat cheese on radicchio.
- Cook for at least 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted (despite the name, nothing has to be burnt).