Do you have a go-to dish that you enjoy so much you could eat it all the time? Lemon pasta is that dish for me. It is now a staple recipe that I stole from W’s mother (who read it in one of the Barefoot Contessa books). I have never seen the original recipe; I just reproduced it from memory. After cooking it more than 20 times, I am sure that it is now somewhat different than the original.
Lemon, arugula, tomatoes and cheese. Delicious produce that makes a delicious dish!
For two (and two lunches)
- 400 gr of pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 250 ml of cream
- At least ½ cup of parmesan, grated
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- With a minute left for the pasta, add the broccoli. Drain the pasta and broccoli.
- While waiting for the water to boil, start the sauce by heating some butter and cooking the onion on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and parmesan, and cook for at least 10 minutes on low heat (the cream should thicken). Do not boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the arugula, tomatoes, pasta, broccoli, and lemon juice to the sauce. Stir and sprinkle with parmesan.