I first ate this refreshing dessert on a warm summer night on Cape Cod. I have no idea where W's mom got the recipe, but she gladly shared it with me. And I have since done the same thing. This photo was actually taken by my friend C, who baked it for some friends (who, I'm sure, also requested this very simple recipe).
The only downside to this pie; you need to make it the night before or the morning of...
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cup of Graham Cookies, crushed
- 2 tbs sugar
- 5 tbs butter, melted
For the filling
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- zest of 2 limes (or more)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (or more)
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust in a bowl. Press in a pie plate. Cook at 350 F during 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Add the other ingredients to the yolks. Mix until incorporated.
- Poor the filling in the cooled crust. Cook at 350 F during 15 minutes.
- Let cool, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.