Over a year ago, my colleague A. convinced me to start this blog. She found the name (and created the banner and logo). With that done, I had no choice but to actually put my ideas into action. So, on October 10, 2012, I posted my fist forkchette blog.
A year later, to celebrate Forkchette's first anniversary, I am sharing a Zucchini cake recipe that I used to cook for A. and my coworkers in Montréal.
A few fun facts about the past year
4564 Views (and counting) | 22 posts | Most popular post: Courge farcie au quinoa | Readers from: Canada, Latvia, Switzerland (Thanks Aaron!), USA and Israel | 55% of readers use Apple products to get to the blog
Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear what you think!
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ts baking soda
- ¾ ts baking powder
- ¼ ts salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ts vanilla
- 2 ts lemon zest
- 2 ts grated ginger
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (ideally macadamia nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the orange juice, lemon zest, ginger, vanilla and butter. Mix well.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Add the zucchini, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the mix in a buttered cake pan (or muffin tin).
- Cook for 45 mins (30 mins for muffins)