After four Thanksgiving celebrations in one week, I came to
the conclusion that Thanksgiving might now be my favorite holiday. First, it’s
always around my birthday (Thanksgiving feels like an extension of my
Second, Thanksgiving food is amazing.
Third, what's better than long meals with family and friends.
On Thanksgiving # 1, my friend R. made this amazing salad
that I recreated for Thanksgiving #3 with W.’s family.
Now, I will be making this
salad all winter long.
- 1 sweet potato, diced in small cubes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper
- arugula (or your favorite lettuce mix)
- ¾ cup feta, diced or crumbled
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 15 leaves of mint, finely chopped
- Your favorite homemade balsamic vinaigrette 1 - Heat the oven to 350 F. 2 - Put the potatoes, olive oil, salt & pepper in a bowl. Mix until potatoes are coated. 3 - Cook the potatoes on a baking sheet for 20 mins or until they are tender. Remove form the oven. 4 - When the potatoes are cooled, mix all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Enjoy!